Pages

Saturday 21 June 2014

Lets go New Zealand!

“Hurry up dad, I can’t wait to get to the game!” I felt so excited that I found it hard to contain myself.The game was at North Harbour Stadium and it is the quarter finals. New Zealand under 20’s will play in the semi-finals in the Junior World Cup against South Africa. This is going to be a very tough game!

We had to pick up my papa, my rugby mate Sione and my Godfather as they were all going with us to the game. While we were waiting for them to get ready, Sione and I got on the trampoline and Sione did a back flip and a Swanton Bomb. I was very impressed that he could do it like a professional!

A short while later we got into my godfather’s car. It was very cool because it was very flash and it has a sunroof made out of fiberglass. When we arrived there Sione and I went to the front seat and watched it from there. The New Zealand game hadn't started then.It was England versing Ireland for a semi final spot. England beat Ireland but I did not know what the final score was.

After the England versus Ireland game, Sione and I went to the back to watch the under 20s training. There was a security guard at the entrance of the changing rooms. After we had a look at the changing room's entrance and the under 20’s practise, we went back into the crowd and went to the entrance to wait for the players to come in.

It took a long time for the players to come out but it was worth the wait, because Sione and I got high fives from all the players including Tevita Li, Me and Sione's favourite player that is in the Junior World Cup this year.

Sione and I played Touch and I scored a good try. I chipped and chased, I caught the ball on on the full and put it down and scored. Sione scored a good try by stepping past me and running really fast.

The New Zealand under 20’s team lost by one try and one conversion.                              
      Good try New Zealand, you played well and better luck next time.

WALT write a recount.
I know this when I write what I did on the weekend in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.