Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

The Clash Of Titans!

I played rugby in the weekend.I play for Marist. We versed Te Papa Titans. We played at our home club.  This was our eighth game this season. Te papa lost to the four teams that we beat.

Once I got to the field, we had to run to the goal post and back for our warm up. While I was running, my calf stung and so I walked instead of running to the post. My coach told me to stretch out my foot and it worked because it didn't sting after I stretch it.While we were warming up, I saw my friend who was also playing  for Marist but he is in a different team. His name is Siu. I have another friend that plays for Marist and he is in my team, his name is Cameron. Siu and Cameron goes to my school and they are in my class.

It started raining, so our coach told us to run around the field. It was pouring with rain. When we were running around the field, we saw two Te Papa players and my coach asked them “Where is your coach?”. They They replied, "We don't know". So my coach said “When you find him, tell him that we are playing here”. When they found their coach, we did our cheer and started the game.

After we kicked off, we chased the ball and tackled the person that had the ball from the other team. Then we turned the ball over and passed it wide to the fastest player in our team, Sione. Sione ran down the field and fended off a lot of people but was tackled near our try line. Then I passed it wide to my rugby mate Oli and ran to score the first try. We kept on scoring but they scored as well, They scored about two tries in the first half and we scored around five.

In the second half, Cameron passed the ball to me and I ran to score another try. I wouldn’t have scored if it wasn't for my friend Cameron.

Both teams kept on scoring and the final score was 50 to 25.We won and we were graceful winners so we gave them high fives. Good on you Te papa. What a game we had. I can’t believe Sione didn’t score, but maybe next time he will. I think it was because he didn't have enough space.

WALT write a recount.
I know this when I write the events of my weekend in order.

1 comment:

  1. Your team had a great win Aiden. I clapped and cheered when you scored your try! Great job...I'm very proud of you.
    Love
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.