Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

What an intense game!

In the weekend I played rugby for Marist. We versed Varsity at their home ground. We have 3 wins and 2 loses. We really needed to win. But win or lose, we will play hard and do our very best!

When we got there we did warm ups by stretching our arms ad legs. The we ran around the field twice. We were tired already. We were passing the ball and running in circles. After that we huddled together while I went to the ref because I was captain. I lost the toss and we had to kick.

Time went by and we kicked. They dropped the ball (Happy) and we had a scrum. We passed  and passed and we scored a try. We missed the kick and the tension was high through out the game. It was intense! Varsity got a yellow card for a high tackle.

Half time came and we ate a lot of oranges and drank a lot of water. Then the second half started and Varsity kicked. We caught it and scored 2 more tries. Varsity scored three and kicked two and they won 17 to 15. We were all guttered and in the end we said, "Good game."

I felt sorrowful because we lost but an ice block cheered me up. Next time I will work n my kicking skills by practising and practising everyday. Practise makes perfect.

WALT understand and use descriptive language in my recount.
I know this when I use verbs and adjectives appropriately and correctly in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.