Pages

Thursday 14 August 2014

My Saturday Night!

During my weekend I went to the Sacred Heart Concert.  It started at 7.00 but we had to be there at 6.45. There are lots of performances in the cobncert. There were ice cream, lollies, chips, desserts and drinks.

We started off with the year 7 and 8 band. They had the trumpets and the euphonium. They did two songs and both of them were really great because they sounded really classy. What a start to the showcase.

Next it was two boys singing. They sang counting stars by OneRepublic. They sounded just like them. They were all in their formal clothing. I know I would be in a night to remember. They had another Sacred Heart boy doing the electric guitar.

After that my brother was performing because he is in the year 7 and 8 ukulele band and they sang freedom of life by Sophie Clarkson. There was also a piano that was involved with the performance. There were lots of kids in the group. They sounded beautiful.

Then it was the jazz band. again they had the trumpets and euphonium. They sang Valarie by Amy Winehouse. They sounded amazing and they actually sounded like a professional singer.

We didn't get to watch the rest because we headed off to have some dinner. For dinner, we had a family pack at McDonald’s. I loved every last bite. We ate our food and left to go to my grandma and papa’s house to watch the Super Rugby final.

My Grandma’s neighbours came over to watch as well.  The New South Wales Waratahs took on the Canterbury Crusaders.The Waratahs scored a try in the fourth minute. The game was so action packed because of all the tackling from the players. The Waratahs got the heads up leading 20 to 13 by half time. When the second half started, the Crusaders came back with a try and a lot of penalties.

Go Crusaders!Go! The final score was 33 to 32 to the Waratahs. Better luck next time Canterbury. They won because Bernard Foley scored a penalty goal.

We also watched the Netball semi finals in the Commonwealth Games. The Silver Ferns played England and won by one point and the final score was 35 to 34.

My Saturday was so fun that I could go back in time and do this all over again.

WALT to write a recount using language features.
I know this when I use 'like' and 'as' to describe someone or something correctly.












































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.