Pages

Saturday 23 August 2014

The Maori Warriors of rugby!

All Blacks VS North Harbour and Northland
After a good Friday at school, my dad and I went to the fish and chip shop. The fish and chip shop was in Botany next to the sushi go round. We ate the chips in the car and we had the fish when we got home. My dad and I needed to get ready to go the All Blacks friendly game against North Harbour and Northland. The game had three halves with 40 minutes in each of them. In the first half, the All Blacks  versed North Harbour. In the second half, they versed Northland and in the third half North Harbour versed Northland.
My dad and I had to go to my uncle’s house. We left at 4 o'clock. The traffic was busy, so busy that we were going as slow as a turtle because we were only travelling at 20 kilometres an hour. We would have been able to get there in 20 minutes if it wasn't for the traffic. We got there at 5:10pm which meant that  my dad and I were in the car for an hour and ten minutes.


No one was home so we waited and waited until my uncle finally came because he got stuck in traffic as well. My cousin Devon gave me a whole block of white chocolate. We had to pick up Mark, my uncle’s cousin as well. After we picked up Mark, we left like Flash from Marvel superheroes.


When we got to North Harbour Stadium, we got our tickets and went in. I ate the chocolate and gave some to my dad and my uncle. It was raining really hard at the game. Luckily I brought two jumpers and my dad brought his umbrella. The final score in the North Harbour game was 41 to nil to the All Blacks.


The final score against Northland was 19 to 7 to the All Blacks. I hope the All Blacks play like that against Australia in the Bledisloe Cup next Saturday because the Australian team plays very well and trains really hard.

WALT write a recount using appropriate language features.
I know this when I use similes correctly in my weekend recount.


1 comment:

  1. A great recount of your Friday night rugby outing with dad. Your writing is really developing in detail Aiden, making it very easy for your audience to connect to your stories.
    Good Job!
    Love
    Mum.x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.