Pages

Thursday 14 May 2015

The Epic Game!

On Saturday, I played rugby for Marist against Team Pakuranga. We were playing at Pakuranga's home ground at Lloyd Elsmore Park. I had to be there there by 9:30 am. But the game didn't start until 10:15 am.

Image result for marist auckland rugbyWhen we got there, I saw one of my team mates. His name is Ty. I also saw his brother Harlem who plays for our team as well. We looked for our team mates, we found them but we couldn't find our coach. Then one of my team mates dad told his son and I to go to the field across the road. When we went across we saw our manager and we we told our team to come over to us quickly because we needed to put in our jerseys. 

We put on our jerseys and trained for 10 minutes and the game started. The cool breeze was blowing on our faces, but we didn't let ruin our concentration. We were focused on the ball as our kicker kicked the ball and we chased it. Team Pakuranga got the ball but we kept on taking it off them. We were given a lot of penalties because we dropped the ball a lot. But we scored two tries.


Half time came and we were puffed out. We had water and got back into the game. Team Pakuranga scored but we still won. The final score was 8 to 12. We won by four points.


Team Pakuranga's defence was very strong and the team work is wonderful so I would not be surprised if they make it far in the competition. I felt so great because we won our first our first game, but I will strive to play better next time. Hopefully we make it to the finals. I am so excited!


WALT understand and use descriptive language.

I know this when I use adjectives to make my writing more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.